Tuesday, December 9, 2008


Liz's Journal
I have made several of these journals for my co-worker's and family. This one is for my Secret Santa, Liz. She is a nurse at the clinic where I work.
I started with a "composition book" that can be purchased at Target or WalMart for anywhere from 50 cents and up. When I find them around the 50 cents mark I usually buy all they have on display.
This one I covered with printed cardstock from the Out and About Short Stack with Glitter from My Mind's Eye. The red cardstock used for the binding is Core'dinations. I also used it for the inside front and back. The front binding is matted with gold foil cardstock. The flowers are from a bag of flowers that I ordered from ABC Distributors. I attached them with black mini brads and added just a small amount of Crystal Stickles on the petals. The ribbon was put on prior to gluing the inside front cover on. The bow was made from the same ribbon and attached.
Unfortunately the camera did not do a great job of catching the sparkle of the glitter paper. But then I do not claim to be a photographer :)

1 comment:

Yvonne Hagane said...

Lynda, this is SO beautiful!!!!