Sunday, January 25, 2009

Challenge to Myself

This weekend I issued myself a challenge. Since I have been buying a lot of scrapbooking supplies lately both online and at the big box stores, I decided I needed to actually create something with all those things. I have spent a lot of time making room for them and organizing them. Now it was time to actually put scissors (paper trimmer) to the paper and (eeekk!!) cut it. As you may have read in the previous post I had bought quite a bit of supplies when SEI had a big sale. Among those were items from their Morning Meadow collection. I got shimmer paper, cardstock, ribbon, buttons, brads and cardstock tags. One of the shimmer papers was butterflys and quite pretty. I chose that for the cards that I made along with the ribbon and cardstock. I had also bought some Petaloo Crazy for Daisies from HSN and incorporated those into the simple design using the flowers and the rhinestone flower for the center. I added a tiny pearl to the center of the rhinestone. I typed the sentiment for the inside which I think took a long time as I felt I had to have the color of the font just right. Did not get it exactly the hue I wanted but it will do. Here is the finished result of that little project.

3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Lynda it looks GORGEOUS!!

Leigh said...

Hi Lynda, Thanks for joining my blog and adding my blog to your list. It is a real honor. Please send me you mailing address via email to happileighscrappin@q.com so I can send you your prize.

Denise said...

This card is very pretty, love the way the inside is done.